Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Please note: This benefit is available to all Harbor Pointe Credit Union VISA® card holders.
Protect against collision and theft
Harbor Pointe Credit Union VISA® cardholders receive Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver coverage for damage due to collision or theft.
Benefit at a glance
- Collision and theft coverage on auto rentals.
- To activate coverage, complete the entire rental transaction with your eligible VISA® card and decline the collision damage waiver (CDW) coverage if offered by the rental company.
- If you have any questions regarding a specific vehicle, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-847-2911, or if outside the United States at one of our toll-free numbers.
- Quick, easy and accurate filing when you file claims online at the Card Benefit Services.
What is the Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (“Auto Rental CDW”) benefit?
The Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (“Auto Rental CDW”) benefit offers insurance coverage for automobile rentals made with your VISA® card. The benefit provides reimbursement (subject to the terms and conditions in this guide) for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles.
Who is eligible for this benefit?
You are eligible only if you are a valid Harbor Pointe Credit Union VISA® cardholder whose name is embossed on an eligible VISA card issued in the United States. Only you as the primary renter of the vehicle and any additional drivers permitted by the auto rental agreement are covered.
What losses are covered?
The benefit provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle as it was originally manufactured. Most private passenger automobiles, minivans, and sport utility vehicles are eligible, but some restrictions may apply. Please contact the Benefit Administrator 1-800-847-2911 to inquire about a specific vehicle.
Covered losses include:
- Physical damage and/or theft of the covered rental vehicle
- Valid loss-of-use charges imposed and substantiated by the auto rental company
- Reasonable and customary towing charges, due to covered theft or damage, to the nearest qualified repair facility
Please Note: This benefit only covers vehicle rental periods that neither exceed nor are intended to exceed fifteen (15) consecutive days within your country of residence or thirty-one (31) consecutive days outside your country of residence.