Harbor Pointe Credit Union is a growing financial institution founded in 1933. We have three locations in the Duluth area and serve members of St. Louis, Carlton, Lake East Itasca & Douglas Counties. If you share our vision of serving our region with the best financial products and services out there and like to work in a team environment, please submit your resume for future openings.
At Harbor Pointe Credit Union we are deeply invested in the ongoing training and development of our employees. We attract, develop and retain only the most talented individuals at all levels of our organization, and do everything we can to nurture our employees growth. We look for people that believe in our credit union and embrace our vision and core values. Our staff is personally invested in the financial health and wellbeing of our members, having the knowledge to recommend products and services with real benefits to our membership is a key goal.
We serve hundreds of members each day, from our youngest members getting their first savings account, teens entering college, young families just starting out to long time members entering retirement. We are committed to our members and since all decisions are made locally, we are able to do more for them in an efficient manner.
Provide information on credit union products and services to current and potential members according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. Prepare, analyze, process, and document all required forms and related documentation for consumer loan products. Underwrite a variety of consumer loan applications within loan authority. Approve loan applications within loan authority. Promote credit union products and services. Attend loan committee meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview loan applicants and provide information on consumer loan products that best meet the member’s needs. Request and review all required information and documentation to secure a loan.
- Assist member in completing loan applications over the phone or electronically.
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on consumer loan applicants.
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for routine loans.
- Recommend and outline terms of a loan. Inform prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
- Approve loan applications and explain reasons for denial, notify applicant of loan decision based on policy parameters.
- Correspond with members, applicants, and creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Ensure that each loan is processed accurately.
- Prepare loan application and document packet for closing.
- Develop and maintain interest rate structure that is consistent with credit union policies and is competitive with current market.
- Manage delinquent account files for the credit union, contact members to determine reasons for being past due on loan account, make recommendations to bring loan “current” (to member), transfer funds, if available, in members account to bring loan to “current” status, and take legal action against member if loan remains past due.
- Cross-sell other Credit Union products and services.
- Represent the credit union in community events.
- Review and comply with all laws, regulations and policies pertaining to this position.
- Other loan duties as deemed necessary by supervisor/management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education
- Prior banking/credit union experience and knowledge of regulatory compliance required
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications
- Strong decision-making and time management skills
- Exceptional member service skills
- Minimum 1 year of consumer lending experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
Harbor Pointe Credit Union
11 W 2nd St
Duluth, MN 55802
Harbor Pointe Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer