Harbor Pointe Credit Union is a growing financial institution founded in 1933. We have three locations in the Duluth area and serve members from South St. Louis, Carlton & Douglas Counties and Two Harbors. If you share our vision of serving our region with the best financial products and services out there and like to work in a team
Harbor Pointe Credit Union is a community based credit union dedicated to meeting the borrowing, saving, and investment needs of its members by providing the financial services desired. We are proud to be owned by our members.
We are looking for a full-time loan officer to join our team!
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Professionally assisting members with their lending needs by matching their needs to the right product.
- Maintain knowledge of Credit Union products and services while uncovering cross selling opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with members
- Develop new business and preserve existing business
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the industry as well as changes to compliance and regulations
- Represent the credit union in a courteous and professional manner
- Perform other essential job functions as required or assigned.
Service and monitor assigned consumer loan portfolio for risk and collections
- Gather information, analyze and underwrite borrowing requests by utilizing credit bureaus, verification documents and loan-to-value/debt-to-income ratios
- Follow Lending Policies established by Harbor Pointe Credit Union’s Board of Directors
- Work independently, managing time to meet member requests and job tasks on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.
Candidates for this position must possess:
- College degree or equivalent experience/education
- Proficient knowledge with current lending compliance and regulatory requirements
- Proficient and effective communication skills
- Strong decision making skills and ability to analyze complex data
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional member service skills
- Strong initiative, self-direction and a focus on financial relationship building
- Confidentiality and strong organizational skills
Competitive wage and benefit package including, but not limited to: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD and 401K with employer match.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Harbor Pointe Credit Union
11 W 2nd St
Duluth, MN 55802
Harbor Pointe Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer